Clinic Guidelines for COVID-19
Update: We are an essential health care service and therefore will remain open during the all stages of the Ontario governments COVID response framework. When possible we are encouraging virtual visits by phone or video chat.
The following guidelines are in place to minimize the risk of SARS-COV-2 transmission to patients, Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) and staff.
To Reduce Exposure to NDs, Staff, patients and visitors
- Commonly used surfaces (counters, doors, handles, bathrooms, supplement cabinets etc.) are cleaned throughout the day. The credit card machine and other items that patients use will be cleaned after each patient visit.
- All rooms have hand sanitizers and disinfectants for NDs to disinfect surfaces between visits.
- The clinic has the required Protective Personal Equipment (PPEs) (masks and gloves) for clinic use.
- We have installed a plexiglass barrier at the reception desk.
- All patients need to be screened prior to coming in for their appointments.
- We have put up signs in both bathrooms to remind people of proper hand washing technique.
- We have a sign posted on the front door of the clinic listing the symptoms of COVID-19 and advising patients to contact Telehealth or the Middlesex London Health Unit if they are experiencing any of the symptoms listed.
- We will be asking patients to wait in the car until their visit time, at which time we will call you to let you know when we are ready for you to come into the clinic.
- Patient visits will be spread out to limit the number of people in the reception area to any one time.
- All patients are expected to wash their hands when they enter the clinic or use the hand sanitizer provided.
- All staff at the clinic will be wearing masks during in-office visits with patients.
- We are asking all patients to bring and wear a mask during their in-office visits.
- NDs will be using PPE (gloves and masks) if doing any procedure that involves touching the patient or if in close proximity to the patient.
- We will be offering in-office supplement pick, as well as curbside pick up if desired.
Please call the clinic to schedule your appointment. If booking an in-office visit, you will receive an electronic COVID screening questionnaire the day before your appointment. If you’ve answered “yes” to any symptoms on the questionnaire, please call the clinic to schedule a virtual visit or reschedule your appointment.
- Patients have the option of having a virtual visit (phone or video) or in-office visit with their ND.
- Patients have the option to pay by e-transfer. If you choose this option, please call the clinic to find out the correct email address to send it to.
- Patients are encouraged to limit the number of people that come into the clinic with them during their appointments.
- Elderly and vulnerable patients will be scheduled at a time that limits their potential exposure to other patients. Please notify reception if you require this accommodation.
- We will be increasing the time frame between patient visits to allow time to sanitize the treatment rooms and to clean all equipment used between patients and to limit patient exposure to other patients.
The guidelines will be evaluated and updated as needed based on the updates from the College of Naturopaths of Ontario.