Clinic Guidelines for COVID-19
The following guidelines are in place to minimize the risk of SARS-COV-2 transmission to patients, Naturopathic Doctors (NDs) and staff.
To Reduce Exposure to NDs, Staff, patients and visitors
- Commonly used surfaces (counters, doors, handles, bathrooms, supplement cabinets etc.) are cleaned throughout the day. The credit card machine and other items that patients use will be cleaned after each patient visit.
- All rooms have hand sanitizers and disinfectants for NDs to disinfect surfaces between visits.
- The clinic has the required Protective Personal Equipment (PPEs) (masks and gloves) for clinic use.
- We have installed a plexiglass barrier at the reception desk.
- All patients need to be screened prior to coming in for their appointments.
- We have put up signs in both bathrooms to remind people of proper hand washing technique.
- We have a sign posted on the front door of the clinic listing the symptoms of COVID-19 and advising patients to contact Telehealth or the Middlesex London Health Unit if they are experiencing any of the symptoms listed.
- We will be asking patients to wait in the car until their visit time, at which time we will call you to let you know when we are ready for you to come into the clinic.
- Patient visits will be spread out to limit the number of people in the reception area to any one time.
- All patients are expected to wash their hands when they enter the clinic or use the hand sanitizer provided.
- All staff at the clinic will be wearing masks during in-office visits with patients.
- We are asking all patients to bring and wear a mask during their in-office visits.
- NDs will be using PPE (gloves and masks) if doing any procedure that involves touching the patient or if in close proximity to the patient.
- We will be offering in- office supplement pick, as well as curbside pick up if desired.
When calling to book an appointment for an in office visit, you will be asked the following screening questions:
- Do you have a fever, new onset cough, worsening chronic cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had close contact with anyone with acute respiratory illness or traveled outside of Canada in the past 14 days?
- Do you have a confirmed case of COVID-19 or had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19
- Do you have two (2) or more of the following symptoms: sore throat, runny nose/sneezing, nasal congestion, hoarse voice, difficulty swallowing, decrease or loss of sense of smell, chills, headaches, unexplained fatigue/malaise, diarrhea, abdominal pain, or nausea/vomiting?
- Are you over the age of 65 years of age and are experiencing the following: delirium, falls, acute functional decline, or worsening of chronic conditions?
- If the answer is “no”, you may schedule an appointment
- If the answer is “yes” to any of the questions then a telemedicine visit with an ND will be required, instead of an in person visit. As well, you need to contact the Middlesex London Health Unit or Telehealth Ontario to determine the next steps for testing for COVID-19.
- Patients have the option of having a virtual visit (phone or video) or in-office visit with their ND.
- Patients have the option to pay by e-transfer. If you choose this option, please call the clinic to find out the correct email address to send it to.
- Patients are encouraged to limit the number of people that come into the clinic with them during their appointments.
- Elderly and vulnerable patients will be scheduled at a time that limits their potential exposure to other patients. Please notify reception if you require this accommodation.
- We will be increasing the time frame between patient visits to allow time to sanitize the treatment rooms and to clean all equipment used between patients and to limit patient exposure to other patients.
The guidelines will be evaluated and updated as needed based on the updates from the College of Naturopaths of Ontario.